Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Dumb Laws Of The Week

Old 01-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Recruit

Default East Point Cops are BRUTAL!

So, I got pulled over yesterday on my way to work. I got stopped in the City limits of East Point, but I was on 285 right at Camp Creek Pkwy exit and granted, I was going 87 in a 55 zone BUT, not only do I have to appear in court next week on Jan 12th because they are on a short court date schedule....the ticket is $535!!! I swear, this is total BS and I cant believe that its gonna cost me that much money. THAT is a stupid law in my opinion to charge 3 times what a fine is because you are in the city limits. I can understand it being that much if I was on a regular street but I was on the highway! WTF??!!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Field Marshal

wow! sounds like were in the worng buisness!!!

sorry about that! f@#k em
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Recruit

Haha, yea thats what I was thinking too. Oh well, you live and you learn!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Corporal

hell they were just stopping people going over 80mph that day and that is profiling and profiling is WRONG!!!!

I never understand how the local yokkels are allowed to be on the interstates anyways.. They do that crap up in marrietta aswell..
Old 01-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Recruit

Yea I know, I am from Cobb Co and they are the WORST when it comes to stuff like that. Kennesaw and Marietta are rough. What can you do though, you know?
Old 06-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Recruit

That amount does seem a little excessive. I've never actually wrote a speeding ticket because unless they cause an accident, I don't freakin' care. I mean, I speed all the damn time.

However, 87 in a 55 is more than 30mph over the posted limit, which is reckless op. He could have pulled your license and taking you to jail, impounding your car, and generally f@#king up your whole day.

You could do what I did, become the police so you don't have to worry about pesky things like speeding tickets any more. There are some trade offs though, like low pay and the possibility of being kille dfor an ungrateful public. It all even outs really though.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Corporal

Default Re: East Point Cops are BRUTAL!

Go cry on the DA and you might get him to change it to a lesser crime and reduce the fine. Happens all the time in Cobb County.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:29 PM
resident retard
Field Marshal

thats why I work here... so I dont have huge speeding tickets...
Old 03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

you shoulda offered him a guest spot on the next AON DVD...

Christopher McCandless

Tags
brutal, cops, east, point