Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 03-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Power supply

Understandable, those are definitely factors. The bagging thing is great and the buttons seem pretty dope. As far as the read- out features, can't say I'm about that stuff. I've had an eikon supply for a couple years now, and all that read out stuff really f@#ked my work up.All those little numbers and whatnot had me paranoid as s&!t about my machines. After I stopped paying attention to them, everything seemed much more comfortable. I don't know who set the rules to the way machines are supposed to run, but my s&!t doesn't fit their numbers. Not even close. As far as the wireless stuff goes, I move around a s&!t ton while I'm working. Cords are always in the way. I hate that!!!!! I guess to each his own though. Everything can't work for everybody.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Private

aaron cain is using the critical metered power supply and he sais that he loves it. I was using and eikon for a while and i got sick of its size so i sold it im using an apogee right now and probably going to get a critical unit sooner or later but to me numbers dont mean s&!t because they lie to you anyway i would take my machine readings from my eikon and plug it into 5 difrent eikons at the shop and the readings where all diffrent at times , i learned to tattoo without numbers just by the sound and feel of the armature hitting your thumb and its suited me well for my entire tattooing career so all the new gizmos out there dont make me all jolly ranchered and wacky.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Word up, you can't look at those numbers too much, it'll make you crazy, but handy when building/rebuilding/tuning machines. As far as the corless pedal, just something else for me to lose/misplace.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Private

Exclamation Re: Power supply

I've been using Criticals PS "CX-2" for about 2 months now, my gods! Its worth every penny, if you don't own one get it.
I posted a review about it on my inkednation account
www.inkednation.com/Maximalion

their machines are top notch too
By the way Bill Baker is working with Critical very closly I hear!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Private

This thing has got my attention. I may have to grab one and use it for a bit. The only thing that scares me is the size. How can something that small, hold so much? Gotta wonder. I have heard that their machines are pretty good also.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

eikon just came out with the ems-300, kind of on the same lines as the other one. its small and has four channels to store settings. and push button controls. and its pretty flat so you can out barrier film on with ease. they never did me wrong, and if its not broke dont fix it
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Private

i have it, and i love it
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Field Marshal

jace is one bad mother f@#ker.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Private

Exclamation Re: Power supply

Thought I would reprint my blog for everyone, wrote it in April after I first got the unit, I am adding foot notes to the end

original post:
review of the CX-2 power supply by Critical Tattoo
After much anticipation, I finally got my CX-2 power supply from Critical Tattoo.
2 words for ya "Eikon who?"
very well thought out, solid consturction, great features, and whoever the genuis is behind the mounting brackets, and the stopwatch feature, I could kiss you.
Ok, where to start
1. contruction= nice solid design, compact, easy to clean, and the face is the perfect size for the barrier film, and the LCD moniter is bright enough that the features are easily read through the film.
the control pad, is laid out very well, and the buttoms are easy to push with even the lightest of touches.
2. Features= for those familiar with the Eikon meter, it's a nice improvment, you still have your duty and speed, volts, amps, and something cald STL ( which I still need explained more) {same as FT}
StL shows the clean power Vs. Dirty Power
you also have a clock and stopwatch, which for a by-the-hour artist will find indespencible!
you can set up to 4 presets
and best of all, it is really simple to set up, even for a tard like me.
3.Mounting brakets= OMG, why has noone thought of this before (bet they will now) on first glace I think the magnets could be a hair stronger, but I think that time will prove that, It holds great now, but I have a cheap ass tool box too!
4. Clean ass power! = now I was running a Pulse Mark 2 before, and I have used the Eikon, Time Machine Apogee, National, and countless others, but this!?!?! You will notice a differance, for the better!
4. the company= now I can only speak for the one person I have dealt with, miss Sarah, but based on her beautiful phone voice, and the way she accually spoke with a love for her company, I'm sold, this ain't no CAM, these guys care about what they sell, and back it up, s&!t a 2 year warrenty?!?! OMG, who cares enough about what they sell to back it up for that long? not many

all and all I give the unit 4.5 stars (with a 5 to come after I get my wireless footpetal!)
get one at
www.critiacalTattoo.com

Additions to original:
Had a small problem with the clock not keeping time, Humidity issue. They knew and sent me a new unit Next day, No problems since!
Oh, and the machines are amazing!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Private

Anyone got any feed back on the EMS-300 from Eikon yet??

Tags
power, supply