View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Black and grey artists..

Wheelyum -- Here's the big secret: Its ALL preference.
That's it. That's the secret. I'll show you 5 awesome B&G tattooers and not one of them is using the same machine or the same set up as the others. It's all a matter of what the artist prefers, its about how the artists likes their machine to run. This varies based on how you tattoo. I know people who use $600 machines, and I know one guy -- phenomenal tattooer -- still swears by the machine he built from a Spaulding kit 20 years ago! So to each their own. The problem you are going through right now is that after only 5 months, you still don't know what you prefer, you dont know what your 'style' is because you haven't been doing it long enough to develop a style. That's OK, nobody knew after 5 months. Keep working at technique and doing solid tattoos. Once you've been doing this for a longer time, you'll know what YOU would like to see in a B&G machine to make it work for YOUR method of tattooing.

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote