View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Private

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
that couldn't be more incorrect, and is a terrible way to take critique. in tattooing you have to have a thick skin, and certainly you didn't think you were going to get praises and hand claps for your subpar work on a forum meant for critiquing?

there are two types of people that will critique your work with more serious consequences: the artists you work with and/or work for...and the public, who can't tattoo at all but will be paying your bills and although they might not know the technical jargon, they for damn sure will tell you when you have done a medicore or f@#ked up tattoo, just as fast as some will tell you that mediocre tattoo is a gift from the gods. learn what info to take, and what to toss away. you are proud of your work...but you also know it needs more.

that said, i don't think your work is that terrible considering the amount of time you said you have been tattooing. if you are in a shop, you should learn, and should post, and should get your balls busted on your work and it WILL make you better. id suggest instead of defending your mediocre work so vigilantly, that you take the criticism for what its worth, see if you can apply any of it to your work, and keep working HARD on making yourself better.
i wasnt trying to get praise for my work if you took it that way i apologize. i dont mind critique but there is a difference in critique and just bashing someone. but your right i shouldnt have tried to "defend" myself to that extent i apologize. i appreciate if someone tells me something is wrong in the piece if there is something in a specific that needs to be done thats fine. tell me what you think i should do different and i will listen to that and apply it. i guess everyone else iv delt with in "critiquing" has been completly different in how things are done/said.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote