View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Private

Exclamation Industry HACKS/SPY'S

Hey everyone,
Looking for some opinions on a situation.... I am currently doing an apprenticeship I have a year invested so far. Currently, I'm on the verge of doing small walkin's etc etc... This is by far the best thing I have ever done in my life, for myself. I have nothing but love/respect for the industry and its future and entire art form. This s&!t isn't a joke.. even if IT LOOKS EASY to people due to media Desensitizing which some people actually believe everything they see on tv. WHich leads me to my point....
Just recently there has been a female person hanging around people at the shop i'm at. Buddying up flirting with everyone and listening, watching, getting tattooed attempting to ask indirect questions to get questions answered to further her knowledge. It came to my attention that this person (bought an EBAY SCRATCHER KIT) has watched youtube video's etc etc....... Basically just picked up disposable stuff threw it in the machine and became a "kitchen cowboy". Just started hacking people up!
Up until last week.. she was hovering more and more to the point where is was way obvious to clients of ours.
I got to the point were I wanted to throw her out. I was in a conversation about a technique/approach with my boss. This person chimes in and refers to her experience! AND WAS LISTENING THE WHOLE TIME
It makes me insane that someone can ease drop and cherry pick knowledge that I bust my ass for. I'm scrubbing grips/tubes, vacuming crevices answering phones, trying to learn, drawing and handling client appointments all while this person neanders up to the shop and becomes an input sponge! I made alot of sacrifices to get into this as a career and someone to do that f'n blows...
Needless to say the nicest person also friend of this person of the shop volunteered to spoon feed her to not be such an imposition and watch her ass....because if the others did it, it wouldn't go over well.

Has anyone ever dealt with this?

Is this covered in any sections of the DVD's HAHA
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote