View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Cover Tattoos????

I work in IT as the Team Lead/Liaison between our company and many of the law firms that we support. The dress code at work is very relaxed, so the need to cover tattoos isn't there. But we have meetings with our clients both here and at their locations quite often, and I have never been asked to cover my ink. In fact, it is often encouraged that I show it and the owner of the company I work for has brought up my ink to clients so that we could talk about it. Great conversation starter, and we have yet to receive a negative reaction for it. Many times they start pulling up pant legs and shirt sleeves to show off their own work.

There are still many industries that like to have their employees cover up their tattoos at work in the off chance that someone will be offended by it or think negatively of the person with the tattoos. I honestly believe this has more to do with bad tattoos than tattoos in general, simply because someone with a sleeve of great ink carries themselves in a completely different manner than someone with a ton of cheap ink they got from a friend in their kitchen. They seem more creative, intelligent, and well-rounded to me and those I've had this same conversation with.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote