View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Private

Default Re: ADOPT an ANIMAL!!!!!

I volunteer as a photographer at my local animal shelter, which is not a "no kill" shelter but it's as close as it gets around here. Unfortunately in Detroit they do breed specific euthanization, so if a Pit Bull comes in the door it's automatically euthanized asap. Our shelter keeps all "adoptable" animals. A good example is Peanut Butter:

He was in our shelter from February through... well... last week. Let me tell you, we celebrated when he found a real home. He was part of our family, you know?

Anyway, I always have pictures of animals in need of homes. MANY of them are Pit Bulls, who need families that appreciate and understand the amount of activity, stimulation and love these dogs need. Families who want to LOVE them, not fight them or chain them up to use them as "protection". I'd love to be able to post pictures of them here for anyone in the Detroit area who is looking for a beautiful, loving companion in the form of a sweet and goofy Pit Bull. Would that be possible?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote