View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 01:56 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Lightbulb Re: ART CONTEST THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
thats why most of the early "clean up" attempts involved them siphoning the oil to a tanker and separating the oil from the water, to keep it usable so they can continue to make money. the only thing they care about are the financial damages.
Which is enough to have them putting a stop to it as fast as they can. Like Brandon said about Vick, it doesn't matter why he is going against dog fighting now, just that he's doing it.

Doesn't matter why they care, just that they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Environmentalist pressure pushed the oil rigs further off coast because they considered it an eye sore. If this disaster happened in more shallow water it would be much easier to fix the leak because of less water pressure potentially collapsing hydraulic hoses, the cabin, and other robotic devices would be more effectively controlled.

The cause of the accident happened because the emergency shutoff valve system has a battery backup to make sure it is capped in a fire situation that knocks out other electric power sources to the capping device. The battery had not been replaced and passed inspection by the federal governments inspection team.
I'm surprised the Obama haters aren't jumping all over this point. He's the face of the government, just like BP is now the face of the oil spill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
yes and no, the reason the exxon valdez spill was so devastating was because how close to land it was, so i think its all a catch 22 really. a more appropriate answer to the problem, than placement of an oil rig, would be less dependency on a non renewable resource.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I cant believe that people are stickin up for oil companies right now. The level of human atrocity that has been layed upon this earth over oil is absolutely insane. All big oil has blood on their hands. And now they got about 1 gazillion billion gallons of their own oil all over em too
Let's say you killed a few kids, but then went to to court because some b1tc4 was wrongfully accusing you of rape. I would not call you guilty of rape, simply because you did not get in trouble for killing those kids.

There is no reason anyone should take the fall for something they did not do, simply because they cannot be taken down by something they did do. This is not to say that they are innocent in what is happening, just that they are not the ones the fingers should be pointing at. Or at least not the only ones. They are just a face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
i went through 10 pages of this banter and only got to see 3 dinos, wtf?
I'm off on Sunday, and I think my brother and I are going to get blasted and draw some. Should be interesting, seeing as how neither of us are artists.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote