View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Private

Default New to the site/advice to get re-hired at a shop

Hey everybody,Ive never posted on a site like this,but there is a wealth of info on here and I like the vibe so I wanted in on it. My names Tony and Ive been tattoing for around 3 years,started in a shop in southern cali,had my apprenticeship,tattooed alot of clients,had alot of fun until the owner of the shop,an almost 10 year friend,started doin drugs and accusing me of stealing from him,I think he was paranoid or somethin.( Karma got him in the end,he ended up losing his shop after I left ) I left there,decided after a few months to start again,but out of my house until I found another decent shop. Well its been 2 years+ and I havent found a decent shop in my area,all the guys are way rude and rockstars,and shred my work apart when I show them. So,I continue to stay doing it on the side out of my house,witch I dont want to do. I feel like I can be so much better,and move far along in my career as an artist,but being isolated from most shops ( except for the friends that used to work with me and have since all moved on to other shops and progressed like crazy,leaving me in the dust ) and I get frustrated with it all,so I feel like just staying at home and doing my own thing. Does anyone have some advice for me? I love constructive criticism,and I want to post some of my work/links too to get some feedback.
Thanks
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote