View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Private

Default Re: Apprenticeship gone bad...

Again, thank you all for the encouraging words. I didnt feel bad once he started to down my drawing abilities and all that s&!t. Once he made it clear that he could draw circles around all of us, and that his line work was untouchable, that sealed the deal. It would not have gone this way. But, like some of you said, he had no respect for the industry he was trying to become a part of. That tells me a lot about people like him. My other guy has a family, full time job, and he fights fires in his spare time. He is still at the shop every single day, tracing line sheets, trying to draw. He has made some very noticible progress. And let me say this, he can pack color into a tattoo really good. His line work is still shaky, but its expected since he has no art training at all. But he is getting there fast. I figure he will be ready to start doing little things within the next 6-8 months. And the best part, he is pacient. He has a goal, and will stop at nothing to reach it. I wish I could get one more guy like him, that can already tattoo. But in due time. Theres that due word again. He is paying his. Anyone here going to Miami in 09? We are.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote