View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Private

Default Re: Get a tattoo? GO TO JAIL! Another PA thread

The mood I'm in after being pulled by the British cops this morning.... I'd go out and get tattooed and if they arrested me I'd take it to the Court of Human Rights, but maybe the British cops are just fascists and I'm an awkward freedom fighter.

Got pulled over as MOT went out of date yesterday (a test to check the car is road worthy, done once a year and costs £54 or $87... literally a 20 minute test! Our cops have computers on board which read all the info from a number plate, MOT, Tax and insurance... you don't have it they can crush your car without warning) and got fined £60 due to it being out of date.

Anyway whilst waiting for them to check up on the rest of the car details one of the police said 'you don't look right. Think carefully now, are you known to us? I want you to think really carefully before you answer, real carefully'

I have never been arrested in my life and up til two years ago was a youth worker working with young offenders and street gangs. Last tuesday I had my throat tattooed. as well as a very small upside down heart by my eye as I now work in a very reputable tattoo studio on the South Coast and have done so for quite a while.

Anyway I said 'No' and they mumbled to each other and then made me do a full sobriety test. I asked why and they said I was either drunk or on drugs (I don't drink any alcohol or do drugs) which I protested to but I still did what they asked. I did a breathaliser test and all sorts and everything came back clean.

This all took place in front of a local high school where there were a lot of teenagers and I felt totally humiliated for absolutely no reason and honestly I put it down to my choice of body art. 35 and this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. So I don't see how anyone can legally govern your body. I guess maybe steer clear of arm tattoos or any other visible area but who's gonna know if you have you ribs or stomach or back and isn't it you rights as a human being to choose to do or not to do anyway?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote