Thread: Shop rivalries
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Recruit

Default Shop rivalries

Ive only been tattooing for about a year now, and the shop i apprenticed at and now work for, for some reason has an insane rivalry with another local shop. but its not like just battling for clients... these guys have literally shown up to at our shop with guns and a few fist fights have broken out. Even though i knew were not trying to cause trouble i know it makes us look like a joke and thats the last thing i want for my career... I try to keep the peace but im still just "the new kid" to them and what i say has no bearing to them... I need to get out of here... a buddy of mine wants me to move to Asheville, NC with him but being so young in the industry and my portfolio isn't the strongest just yet... im afraid of going down there and being laughed out of every shop i go into then i don't know what id do... Can anyone help me out on here cause i know if i stay where im at any longer my career could end before it even starts but if i move on to early i could risk not getting into a shop and right now these are my only two options so if i fail in Ashville, Im going to have to come back to PA, back to nothing.
Any advice would help me alot, because i wouldnt even know the best way to approach another shop in hopes of a job.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote