Thread: FUNNY TATTOOS
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Private

Default Re: FUNNY TATTOOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetoch View Post
I dont have any pics, but how about a funny story? I thought it was anyway.

2 weeks ago this guy comes to the shop wants a tattoo that has his 3 kids names plus his wifes name. I talk to the guy a little bit about maybe leaving the wifes name out because its just a bad idea. after about 20 minutes or so of speech, it becomes evident that this guy is going to get the name whether i do it or not so i relent and do the tattoo.

Fast forward to this past friday night, the guys wife comes in to get some ink. i ask her how her husbands tattoo is doing and she replies,"That dumbass isnt my husband, I divorced him 6 years ago. That was his way of trying to win me back. It didnt work."

Sometimes I think we should be able to require a comprehensive exam for our clients to tell if they are to stupid to have a tattoo.
Wow! I have been married 23 years (yes, to the same woman), and we have five kids. We have mutually agreed that we will never get each other's names tattooed on each other; we both firmly believe that getting your significant other's name tattooed on you is the "kiss of death" for a relationship, and all but guarantees you won't last.

We believe it is fine to get a tattoo with your kids' names, or your parents' names - they're blood relatives. It is also OK to get a memorial tattoo with a name. But if your significant other is alive, do NOT get their name put on you.

In fact, I am planning on my next piece to be in honor of my family. I want to get two koi in a yin-yang pattern to represent my wife and my relationship; along with that I'm going to include something to represent my five kids as well. I've already put the deposit down, and my artist is working on it. I'll post a pic as soon as it is finished.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote