View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Weaksauce
Corporal

Default Roswell, Ga tattoo artist arrested

ROSWELL, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - A Roswell tattoo artist was fighting back Tuesday after being arrested for inking two underage girls.

Christian Santos said he was proud of the tattoos and pictures he draws on other people. Santos said there was one picture he was not proud of and that was the mug shot taken of him earlier this month.

Santos was arrested after police said he tattooed two girls, ages 15 and 16. Georgia law says tattoos can't be done on any one under 18.

Santos said he didn't ask the girls for identification because he had too much work to do at the time.

Santos was charged with cruelty to children and tattooing a minor.

Police said 21-year-old Rabbi Golam was also charged in the case.

Investigators said Golam was the adult who took the girls to the tattoo parlor.

"I know my sister got out of school and went with them to get a tattoo," said Yvette Barrios.

Barrios said her older sister went with the two girls but didn't get a tattoo.

"He should have known. I'm pretty sure he would have known they were under age," Barrios said.

Santos said about 20 minutes after he tattooed the two girls, three Roswell police officers entered the tattoo shop and arrested him. Santos was put in handcuffs and taken to jail.

Santos said he thought the law was just because in reality many young people know what they want.

Santos said he was scheduled to return to court to face his charges on March 31.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote