View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Corporal

Default Re: what inks are best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony the canuck View Post
ive been using and still use all the above pigments, testing the waters, and its totally up to how you run your machines/needles half the time....different pigments have different viscosities therefore need to be put into the skin at different speeds, but if you are using cutting whites etc... you can get the desired melted ice cream like ink with any brand.....i dont think one company makes all the best colors, keep trying it all.... every company will have 2 or 3 colors from each set that you will love best always they do that on purpose for sure....lol
But since you asked; troy glen are the best pigments around ive ever used but good luck trying to get 'em shipped from austrialia... i'll always have more than one companies pigment on my pallette, i recommend the same for limitless possiblilites.....just my opinion
Yeah I agree totally. For example, I still use Starbrite canary yellow and white. I use Talens and Pelikan blacks, Dermaglo green, I mix my own red and orange from Spaulding pigment powder (which -- if ANYONE know where to get some, please let me know!! I can't get it from them anymore!) Fantasia blue, pink and magenta.

How about you guys? What are the ones you always keep out on your station? I'm especially interested to hear about reds because I'm down to my last package of the stuff I love and I don't know if I can get more. So far, Fantasia is the closest I've found. Believe it or not, I really liked the Intenze Bright red, but most of my clients had a hard time healing from it. Wierd, huh? So I stopped using it.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote