Thread: "Scratchers"
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control
Default Re: "Scratchers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoedvoodoo View Post
I started as a scratcher. I bought a cheap ebay machine and tattooed myself. I worked in a hospital and i knew all about being sterile. I hit up every shop in 3 counties for someone to teach me. It was the last shop i went in that the guy was really cool. I would go there and watch him tat, he would let me sit right on top of him and watch. He would explain what he was doing. Then he would start giving me little things to do, like draw a rose for me and shade it the best you can with no color just B and G. I would go home draw a rose and go back the next day. He would help me with my shading because that was the part that was hard for me. Just a bunch of stuff like that.Oh during this time i did not tattoo anybody.I got to setup and tear down for him, even though he did not want anything in return.He showed me how to properly clean the equipment. I am forever greatful to Frank for helping me out when no one else would. Hell i'm in a shop now tattooing for a living and loving it. I still stop in to see him 3 times a week,he opens before the shop that i'm at does so it gives me a chance to hang out with him. He always asks to see what i have done. I guess what i'm trying to say is go into these shops with a positive attitude, be cool not cocky and someone will help you. At least that's how it happened for me. Good Luck
see someone gets it, Clap Clap Good Reply sir
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote