All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ART CONTEST THREAD (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5577)

DIESEL 05-30-2010 02:21 PM

ART CONTEST THREAD

this is a thread that will all help us to get better as artists.
no photochop
no digital aids. draw A DINO,, have a mod judge it and then the winner picks next months subject
heres my entry....this months subject DINOSAURS
whos the next challenger?
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/DSC03178.jpg

Frek 05-30-2010 02:30 PM

Re: ART CONTEST THREAD

LMAO!!!!!!! Your hosting a art contest hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO!!! SMH! you get better by drawing and drawing and drawing not contests your a trip dude!

DIESEL 05-30-2010 02:33 PM

lets see yours then and stop arguing.
let your pencil do the talking.

Nugget 05-30-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIESEL (Post 60073)
lets see yours then and stop arguing.
let your pencil do the talking.

I could see Corey Haim saying this in a cheesy 80"s movie lol...

DIESEL 05-30-2010 02:42 PM

i dont see any art yet from all these people talkin smack
this is a good thing, draw!

Frek 05-30-2010 02:46 PM

OMG! just stop dude!! hahahahahahahahahaha this s&!t is truly hilarious COMEDY! thats your calling!

Frek 05-30-2010 02:48 PM

Hold on Im getting my 1 year old daughter to draw something better than this trash!!! hold on one second!!!!!

DIESEL 05-30-2010 02:50 PM

:sleepy1:

Frek 05-30-2010 02:57 PM

LMAO!!!!!! my face is hurting dude your a natural!!!!!...........

No competitions man this is one area in life thats not about competition..........

UntetheredSoul 05-30-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIESEL (Post 60082)
i dont see any art yet from all these people talkin smack
this is a good thing, draw!

Dude you are too funny, my question is how did you come up with floating teeth on a dinosar and a Jay Leno chin?

Its one thing to put art up here and share , but to call out a direct compatetiton and then attempt to set the bar with that picture?

Then you further drop down comments like this last post I am quoting, that may be part of your issue, if you think artist draw up a serious picture not to mention one you will share online in 10 or less minutes, this could be the reason your lacking. Slow down and take more time on your shading, building structure and attention to detail.

Peace out, cause bro no one who respects their own self or art will post a picture in what you call a contest, it would be like placing a pro athelete in with the special olympics, it just isn't right.

I will say props to you that you are persistant on posting tatts and art, you should keep doing that, just change your approach, there is no one on here that is the best. The minute you think your the best, you fail.

DIESEL 05-30-2010 06:43 PM

well poiint taken, whats wrong with a litte friendly comp? i want somebody to blast out some sick s&!t. make me eat my words. draw something is all im sayin, i mean what is wrong with that.
thread fail i guess
updated the pic with a little more line buildup. and the flaoting teeth. good point, a scuplture was my reference and the teeth appeared to be inside the gumline aways. i guess i didnt convey that.

FallenKing 05-30-2010 07:26 PM

hey I think spelling is the main problem I have with the post. j/k I'm worst, lol
If the dude wants to host a contest let him have at it,. Worst case scenario is that no one is going to submit an entry and the thread dies there.

It's obvious that Diesel should go hybrid instead,. He is having fun and we are having fun along.
I need to admit that I find the thread funny as hell but how many of us are serious all the time? not me.

Have a blast peeps.

DIESEL 05-30-2010 07:29 PM

where is my f@#king machine? you said it was gonna be in the mail brah.
i keed i keed. but no, i mean people boast about their art skillz but then all of the sudden dont want to draw up anythihg?
whats up with that holmes?
lulz

FallenKing 05-30-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIESEL (Post 60122)
where is my f@#king machine? you said it was gonna be in the mail brah.
i keed i keed. but no, i mean people boast about their art skillz but then all of the sudden dont want to draw up anythihg?
whats up with that holmes?
lulz

lol

FallenKing 05-30-2010 07:54 PM

I wanted to know if I could participate with two entries?

Submission #1:
http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/u.../22/barney.png

Submission #2:
http://i-love-cartoons.com/snags/cli...ones/Dino2.jpg

Frek 05-30-2010 07:58 PM

LMAO!!!!........LMAO!!!! classic...

Maetoch 05-30-2010 11:31 PM

honesly man, i cant speak for the other guys on here, but for myself, i couldnt kick you out a drawing of a dinosaur in 30 minutes, itd take me that long just to get my construction lines proportionate. then the lighting and shading could take weeks depending on how much time i alloted to work on it. i understand your frustration, to a point, but you have to take into account that most of these guys are at work, even on sundays sometimes, so sitting down and whipping out a dinosaur at a whim just isnt plausable.

now for some advice, if you want it. work slow, take your time, there isnt a race. the slower you work the better the outcome, at least 99% of the time anyway. i once spent 4 hours just shading an eyeball. hell, ive spent the last 3 days working on a coverup for my wife and thats just to come up with a good concept and clean outline. so, put on some good music you like, kick back, and go with the flow of the pencil, just try not to rush it. also, pick up a copy of "drawing from the right side of the brain", this book alone, if you work through the exercises one by one, will cause your work to improve by leaps and bounds, as long as you keep practicing. hope this helps, good luck.

gilbert torres 05-30-2010 11:54 PM

heres my entry...i started with a nuema hawk mag outliner,then coil oval bugpinned it.shaded with EMS 3000..then graywashed with facebook (eternal)..thx for looking.:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...snuffy_gif.jpg

Frek 05-30-2010 11:59 PM

:laughing6: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!...................Autoclaved with the microwave......hahahahahahahaha!!!!

DIESEL 05-31-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maetoch (Post 60143)
honesly man, i cant speak for the other guys on here, but for myself, i couldnt kick you out a drawing of a dinosaur in 30 minutes, itd take me that long just to get my construction lines proportionate. then the lighting and shading could take weeks depending on how much time i alloted to work on it. i understand your frustration, to a point, but you have to take into account that most of these guys are at work, even on sundays sometimes, so sitting down and whipping out a dinosaur at a whim just isnt plausable.

now for some advice, if you want it. work slow, take your time, there isnt a race. the slower you work the better the outcome, at least 99% of the time anyway. i once spent 4 hours just shading an eyeball. hell, ive spent the last 3 days working on a coverup for my wife and thats just to come up with a good concept and clean outline. so, put on some good music you like, kick back, and go with the flow of the pencil, just try not to rush it. also, pick up a copy of "drawing from the right side of the brain", this book alone, if you work through the exercises one by one, will cause your work to improve by leaps and bounds, as long as you keep practicing. hope this helps, good luck.

bro, i was just skin for people to bust out a sketch. i busted this one in 30 min. if people are "drawing" all the time like they advise me to, where are the dinos? i believe that you or anyone would destroy my sketch, but its been 24 hrs and the people telling me i cant draw have yet to put up.

as far as the advice goes, thank you very much, i joined an art site, oh boy i know they gonna ban me porobably. lol. spent last night practcing anatomy,10 figures in 60 seconds. i will also download the book today on pdf and read it while i alternate between "reinventing the tattoo" im only on page 34 in that. so i have a lot of reading to do, thankz Mao! i will draw harder. i am competitive, its my nature. im not tryin to stsrt any s&!t just wanted some friendly competition, guess ill have to reach inside and compete against my self as i do in other aspects where there are no immediate challengers.
fallen king! you asshole i said no photochop. so that means you owe me 4 machines for cheating
send them to:
scratcher diesels house
the hood, 10126.
thankz brah

travelingtom 05-31-2010 09:08 AM

here is a picture i did for a kids t-shirt company

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/IMG_1190.jpg

shut up and draw f@#kers

DIESEL 05-31-2010 09:45 AM

looks really good.
thankz for entering, tho the pic is old, it shows you got major skillz
very nice
respect...
draw f@#kers!!!! classic.

UntetheredSoul 05-31-2010 10:08 PM

ok started drawing my dino for this, a raptor... not cool like traveligtom's but a raptor none the less. I will post it when finished but here is what I got so far. I am doing the piece in Chalk Penicels.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs321....1_384881_n.jpg

DIESEL 05-31-2010 11:22 PM

dude you nailed it. the feet look b1tc4in.
looks like you might pick next months subject. looks dang good man.
props

Deran 05-31-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIESEL (Post 60069)

I haven't read the thread yet, but let me start by saying the realism in this piece is incredible!! From the way the teeth just float in the bottom of the mouth like that. If my eyes are right, I can see not one, but TWO shades of gray in the piece, in addition to solid black. Well that's the kind of attention to detail that you just don't find in most drawings of dinosaurs on tattoo message boards. I'm saving this for my reference library.

DIESEL 06-01-2010 12:39 AM

^^^ lulz.
you are so miserable dude. take a xanax.

mucous 06-01-2010 03:15 AM

ha ha! yeah have a little fun or just take a doggy downer dude! hahaha

TattooPadawan 06-01-2010 08:13 AM

I feel honored that I'm thought of outside of the forum from D.
From here on out im gonna sign all of my work with "think'n about ya Diesel"
Hahaha ! You guys are just to funny.

Deran 06-01-2010 08:24 AM

I have to ask, is there white-out in this? or is that a reflection?

Frek 06-01-2010 08:34 AM

Honestly, it looks like the reflection from the flash to the pencil, that same effect happened to my sketches I posted.......but coming from Diesel who knows what the f@#k it REALLY is!......just might be white out hahahahah :evil4:

Solomon 06-01-2010 08:37 AM

im so confused

Frek 06-01-2010 08:49 AM

Im surprised people even submitted work, in this thread!> we've got two other "post up work" threads> that have alot of great work in them> we really dont need to post to this one too..........and competitions are for sports not art if I wanted to compete it'll definitly be sports related..........

DIESEL 06-01-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solomon (Post 60273)
im so confused

you cant be. let me explain. i started a harmless thrad and all the diesel haters came out from under their rocks to hate but nobody draws anythinig exept 2 guys. one was old one was new, both are tough.
the rest is just typical hate froom deran and his little buddy frek. maybe deran cant draw. i dont know. hes has alot of freee time!!!
i guess he just is miserable and wants to move or change jobs and is just unhappy.
Frek is just a bandwagon jumper that kisses everybodys ass.
its pretty simple.
now does anyone want to enter? or just cry?
hey padawan.....draw sumthin. you too mucous. and the rest of you guys, draw!

DIESEL 06-01-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frek (Post 60275)
Im surprised people even submitted work, in this thread!> we've got two other "post up work" threads> that have alot of great work in them> we really dont need to post to this one too..........and competitions are for sports not art if I wanted to compete it'll definitly be sports related..........

then you lay your head in defeat and forfeit.
why post in my thrad then? go to the other threads and post
brah

Frek 06-01-2010 08:58 AM

LMAO!!! asskisser LMAO! there you go with your comedy again!!!.......I got a question..How are people hating on YOU?............LMAO!!!!...I was riding with you for awhile dude...until you started with the critiques...it was to much man.......I draw everyday damn near all day and would rather post images on another thread.......this thread is ass man....thats all there is to it.....Im an ass-kisser becuz I'd rather not dig on people and would rather wait for my apprenticeship to learn the art??....... I dont get it?

travelingtom 06-01-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frek (Post 60275)

well, i seriously just had this picture sitting right infront of me, but i think s&!t like this is actually a healthy thing for art and or drawing. makes you draw s&!t you wouldnt normally do, unless your shop is pretty busy.but mine isnt really right now, so f@#k it.

Frek 06-01-2010 09:02 AM

I dont need a thread about competeing in art to inspire me to draw things I normally wouldn't.....sorry.......... to each its own I guess.........I believe the other TWO threads are just as healthy if not more healthy art/drawing........just my .02 cents

DIESEL 06-01-2010 09:06 AM

well frek we started as friends and i even commented on your work which i believe has talent, then you jumped on the bandwagon with the rest.
now you just talk s&!t
so enter
or leave. its simple and yes its healthy. the winner in my eyes has been chosen and we will all have to draw and compete to what HE wishes to draw next month.
i am tryin to get better at art. thats why i started this thread. if you dont want to play, thats fine.

UntetheredSoul 06-01-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frek (Post 60288)
I dont need a thread about competeing in art to inspire me to draw things I normally wouldn't.....sorry.......... to each its own I guess.........I believe the other TWO threads are just as healthy if not more healthy art/drawing........just my .02 cents

Frek,

I understand what you are saying but I think any post on here for art is ok. I am just trying to squash being a part of the negativity on here and just moving forward with trying to be positive.

Frek 06-01-2010 09:18 AM

Diesel
Dude I'm trying to open your eyes at the fact that you come off like your better than people bro at art...and your not! if you can critique other peoples art than your s&!t should be way, way, way, way, tighter than it is, which in my book makes you a poser......and I'd rather not deal with fake ass people...........your work is horrible you need to sitback and ride in the backseat and do your thing from the rear.....all the critiques and s&!t talking just makes people turn on you.............. then on top of that your artwork needs WORK!!! if you was an actual good artist then dude you wouldn't hear nothing from me with your critiques and s&!t.........................but that aint the case with you dude.....your the complete opposite of what this art stands for....and this is why people bash you so hard.....took me a minute to figure out why people come at you now I realize........