All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Testimonials (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   AON Experience - Tony Mancia (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4545)

Anthonyj 08-17-2009 02:22 PM

AON Experience - Tony Mancia

Hi guys, I'm dropping a line about my first experience at AON Saturday August 15th. My first tattoo experience was about 10 years ago when I was 16 and I got a small heart on my right arm. For years I've wanted to do a for real deal cover up by a professional. I did my homework and found AON online and realized that there was some great talent here. After checking out the artists I decided to go with Tony Mancia due to his ability to almost paint the tattoo on. First, I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the studio A+. Second, the staff was extremely customer oriented and friendly A+. Upon arriving I was greeted by the staff, given paperwork and was speaking with my artist within 20min A+. I had a few general ideas for Tony but was pretty much willing to give him free artistic range. His first choice was a Bali mask that I didn’t bite on. He worked me up an Asian mask in 20min that had a cool organic theme. Now he only had a guideline, at most, but explained the theme to me and it sounded great. He marked me up with marker guidelines and began to free hand one of the coolest tattoos I’ve ever seen. There were a few unforeseen circumstances with equipment and other clients that led to us not finishing but Tony handle everything very professionally and helped me out with rescheduling and pricing as I had driven a good 4.5 hours for this tattoo.
To sum up Tony’s work I came in with some huge expectations. Hell, these guys are published in magazines, I’m paying 150hr, and I drove half a day to get there so yes I’m expecting the best. Well, Tony exceeded all of my expectations by a mile. On the way home I’m wrapped with saran wrap and still red and irritated in my tattoo area and I have complete strangers stopping me at gas stations saying how awesome the tattoo is. This dude has some major talent, thinks outside the box, and seems to be on the front edge of the tattoo industry and trends. AON better hold on to this one!
Thanks again guys I can’t wait to finish this piece up in a few weeks.
Anthony J.

BRANDON BOND 08-17-2009 04:16 PM

Re: AON Experience - Tony Mancia

Thanks for coming down! and yeah tony, like our long line of artists coming and going are consistently badass bro! right on - welcome to the family and also - CHICKS dig tony! its crazy hahahaha

Bufferkiller 08-18-2009 12:10 AM

I can't wait to make one of these posts. Just three more months.

Oh yeah, and post some pictures!

Anthonyj 08-18-2009 02:45 PM

Will do...I have two weeks till I go back and finish up with a 2hr session. Post after.

Cure Dusk 08-20-2009 10:28 PM

Cool! After it's done would you plz post a picture for us?

ChefKakarot 09-27-2009 03:51 AM

I just scheduled an appointment with him and Dave Tedder to do a full sleeve collaboration for me in Feb. I can barely contain myself, i wish it was sooner but you have to wait for good work. Good post im glad to hear i have an awsome time and great artist to look forward to.

Nicole 09-28-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure Dusk (Post 46571)
Cool! After it's done would you plz post a picture for us?

Definitely do that.

Bufferkiller 09-29-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefKakarot (Post 47954)
I just scheduled an appointment with him and Dave Tedder to do a full sleeve collaboration for me in Feb. I can barely contain myself, i wish it was sooner but you have to wait for good work. Good post im glad to hear i have an awsome time and great artist to look forward to.

I've been waiting for Dave to start my sleeve for a few months now (though I've been wanting to book the appointment for over a year now) and November 20th just can't get her fast enough!

ChefKakarot 09-29-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufferkiller (Post 48028)
I've been waiting for Dave to start my sleeve for a few months now (though I've been wanting to book the appointment for over a year now) and November 20th just can't get her fast enough!

Yea trust me i know all about it, my appointments not till Feb.2, so i feel your pain, i waited all summer to book it cause i was saving money. Now im waiting another 4 months. Thats what it takes to get sick ass work done though. The way i see it anything that is going to be that sick, is well worth the wait!!

Bufferkiller 10-02-2009 06:56 PM

The wait is just killing me! I've been working so much overtime it's ridiculous. But it'll all be worth it the moment that needle hits my skin.