All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Vaseline!!! (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6279)

flufftattooist 01-21-2011 06:52 AM

Vaseline!!!

So in the whole enchilada vol 2, brandon touched on NOT using vaseline to lubricate the skin during tattooing... So what do you guys use instead??.. I have asked all over and from all studio's i have asked all use vaseline....

Help a brother out!!!

Cheers

lozer81 01-21-2011 08:46 AM

Re: Vaseline!!!

i use vasoline, but not too much. i know some other artist actually use a&d ointment instead. some people may go dry with nothing, but IMHO a lil vasoline does help.

OscarTheMonster 01-21-2011 03:02 PM

well all i can say is ... DON'T GO DRY... i personally use A&D... and even then i dont like certain brands of A&D... just my 2 cents..

Bufferkiller 01-21-2011 03:48 PM

Someone mentioned this before in another thread. I think it was said that he was talking about during healing or something other than while tattooing. I don't really remember. I'm not an artist, so I don't retain all of that information too well.

OscarTheMonster 01-21-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufferkiller (Post 67327)
Someone mentioned this before in another thread. I think it was said that he was talking about during healing or something other than while tattooing. I don't really remember. I'm not an artist, so I don't retain all of that information too well.

shoot my bad... yeah that would make more sense... cause i know a lot of people who use Vaseline while working...but like i said before i don't use it... i guess its a preference thing...

but definitely no Vaseline to heal a tattoo...

Bufferkiller 01-21-2011 07:56 PM

I could be wrong, I haven't seen the videos. But I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned this before, and that was the answer.

Spoonertattoos 03-03-2011 06:02 AM

I do a 100 percent vegan practice so I HAD to find an alternative to petroleum When Io finally did, whoa! I couldn't be happier. I buy bulk vegan lip balm from whole earth essentials melt it down and add olive oil to thin it out. When it solidifies again its awesome. It does all the things that vasline and a and d do (eliminate staining and lubricate the skin) but it also doesn't break down gloves. We can all appreciate that bonus.
Customers have complemented its feel and smell too. I have however convinced Merry Hempsters to develope a petroleum free product specifically for tattooers to use in place of a and d or vaseline. Hopefully they will start testing it out soon so we can all have a safe alternative.

AcombativePYRO 03-27-2011 10:22 AM

I use Vaseline in a small quantity, usually when I take a break to keep it moist. I also like how a tiny layer on the skin helps my hand glide. All my tats I have recieved on myself have at one time or another had vaseline on them and my tats healed great and bright as the day they were born.

travelingtom 03-27-2011 07:09 PM

its perfectly fine to use vaseline, he was talking about after the tattoo is finished. if you put it on after the tattoo is done, the skin cant breath, and heals really really rough, and scabs like a motherf@#ker. i use small amounts, i dont like to use a&d because some people are allergic to its ingredients, and god forbid they put it on the waiver. but anyway, yah thats it................hope that helps

Bufferkiller 03-30-2011 09:51 PM

Vaseline is great for plugging up holes in a corpse so that the embalming fluids do not seep out.