All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The best QUOTES thread. (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3580)

Nicole 04-22-2011 06:40 AM

Re: The best QUOTES thread.

HaHa! That is the best!

Bufferkiller 04-25-2011 08:20 PM

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." — Albert Einstein

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain..." - Bob Marley

"I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it." - William S. Burroughs

LUCKY2 05-10-2011 01:43 AM

"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as crazy, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
Jack Kerouac

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.”

“The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone”

"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Maya Angelou

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

"He who closes his ears to the views of others shows little confidence in the integrity of his own views”

"A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all-knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity."

Bufferkiller 05-11-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCKY2 (Post 69752)
"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as crazy, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
Jack Kerouac

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.”

“The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone”

"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Maya Angelou

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

"He who closes his ears to the views of others shows little confidence in the integrity of his own views”

"A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all-knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity."

I love these.

LUCKY2 05-12-2011 12:53 AM

Thank ya! They mean a lot to me and kinda what I want my sleeve to show

Bufferkiller 05-17-2011 10:41 PM

I'm doing something similar with mine. Each of the tombstones will have a quote from a book that changed me. Each of the elements within the sleeve also represent much of who I am and what I believe.

LUCKY2 05-20-2011 01:14 AM

That's cool. Mine will be mostly through images and not words. As long as I know what it means to me, I don't expect or care if anyone else understands really. I go next week to get my sleeve, three days back to back. I'm beyond excited, if I was any happier I'd be pissing glitter.

Sleevy 05-20-2011 07:30 PM

Here's one of favs:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, is not an action, but a habit" - Aristotle

LongShot 07-30-2011 11:30 PM

Wow...been a while.

"Libralism is the act of trying to pick up a turd from the clean end"

Pata5359 11-08-2011 09:50 PM

"Unity is the best weapon to overcome all strugles"
http://www.newothermix.info/jh2.jpg
http://www.newothermix.info/2.jpg