All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society? (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15550)

Psychoholic 10-28-2012 08:18 PM

Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society?

I was thinking about this today - it has certainly gotten easier in the last few years to be well tattooed in the workplace or in somewhat more professional environments, but do you actually want it to be better?

kirk7613 10-28-2012 11:49 PM

Re: Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society?

Yep. What i choose to do to My body as long as its not offensive artwork showing and my skill level is the same as the next guys and he gets the job over me that to me is b.s. Just my opinion. im mean come on people at auto part stores and rent to own stores have to cover up...my wife worked for a call center where she never even once met her clients had to cover her tattoos...lol lets get real here.

shawncooper78 11-01-2012 01:20 AM

I think in the same way. Thinking of people has been changed a lot, however there is a scope of improvement in it. People should not consider tattoo as a bad thing professionally as well until they are not showing any kind of vulgarity or violence in nature.

snatch 11-11-2012 07:29 PM

agreed... I must say it has become more acceptable and would love to see it be a non issue... I also think that you should show quality work in your tattoos, not all covered in jail house scratcher crap... I think that the way you present your self should also be reflected in your tattoos.

Psychoholic 11-15-2012 11:34 AM

I'm kind of in the middle on this one.

I'd like to see heavily tattooed people not be restricted in the type of work that they can do and businesses be more open about having heavily tattooed people interfacing with customers.

At the same time, and few would probably admit to this - I do somewhat like the differentiation that being well tattooed brings and I enjoy having some of the best artwork in the world on my body. I think that it partially dilutes the art and the boldness of the wearers of the tattoos by making it socially acceptable. I like being a tattooed weirdo and occasionally it's nice to be regarded as a degenerate right off the rip.

tattooseo 11-16-2012 04:11 PM

I think as younger people start to take over CEO roles at companies, it's going to become more widely accepted. Most younger companies nowadays don't have a problem with it, it's just the older generation pretty much.

http://www.tattooseo.com

conorblue 11-26-2012 09:29 AM

i want people to look at my tattoos and think " i should NOT start a conversation with him", but I want more people to come and get tattoos and feel like that's ok. I want my cake and to eat it too.

Nicole 11-26-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conorblue (Post 82013)
i want people to look at my tattoos and think " i should NOT start a conversation with him", but I want more people to come and get tattoos and feel like that's ok. I want my cake and to eat it too.

And this is exactly why you are awesome! You rule, my friend.

conorblue 11-27-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole (Post 82028)
And this is exactly why you are awesome! You rule, my friend.

ahaha thank you! you too.