All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Paco ROllins Machines.... (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72)

Los 11-25-2005 11:33 PM

Paco ROllins Machines....

I got a "shader" from him....Its pretty solid...standard design...Needed some tweaking for my style...but overall its a very solid machine.

www.pacorollinsmachines.com

BRANDON BOND 11-28-2005 06:31 PM

I hear great things about his machines - Ive always wanted to try one but I am so addicted to my machines... I cant even use the pandora cause its not my "solution"

Los 11-29-2005 01:36 AM

Yea dude, I have not needed a new machine yet...

I'm still trying to call your bluff on the pulse machine...

I CAN"T BELIEVE you can work with it outa the box.

I mean obviously I believe you, and am going to order one this winter when I got time to play!

THe pulse power supply is essential in my book....

Do you run the executive line on smaller line work...

I throw I lot of 5 and 7 for lining and smaller pieces....Is the Executive to HOSS for this?

BRANDON BOND 11-29-2005 09:09 PM

yes, I line almost always with a tight three and I always use the executive machine.

Dan 12-19-2005 03:18 AM

the thing about those pulse machines is the same as alot ofmachine builders, some even give 1 price for the machine as it is an another fro the machine tuned, that tony olivas guarantees his tunings for life.pulse just tunes them the way they think that they should run. i asked jessica about the way she tunes them and she admited that they might no be to all artists likings but she said that brandon just likes the machines the way they set them up. eg ,they set the solution with quite a bit of spring tension on them but not that much, if you like having lno tension or lots of tension then youll have to play around with them a bit.but the way they set them up is very smooth and nice but the strokes massive on the executive aswell as the solution so if you dont like long throw liners you should probably tell them when you order. in which case they might even tell you that the executive isnt the machine for you as as i said before , they tune them how they think that they should run, if you give the executive a really short throw it doesnt sound quite right , i suggest running them as you get them but i guess im just saying that they do tune each machine properlty before sending it. but some people have very particular tastes, but to some the way pulse tunes machines may be a very strange way as the executive is far from a traditional liner. she also tunes them using an eikon meter so dont worry about all that stuff. im telling you ,alot of work has gone into each machine design and each time its built so i wouldnt go f@#king with it unless you really cant use it the way it is.Dan WALES

BRANDON BOND 12-19-2005 12:17 PM

word

use em as they are!

Derek Dufresne 12-20-2005 11:18 PM

I been using a paco Rollins liner for about a year now just about everyday I love it. Been thinking about picking up a couple Pulse machines. I keep hearing alot of good things about them.

BRANDON BOND 12-21-2005 01:37 AM

its a reoccuring theme here

we cant tattoo without them

pulsetattoo.com like driving a ferrari or firing a KIMBER 45

Ghostdog 02-01-2006 12:36 AM

Got a Rollings and am loving it, looking to try the Pulse since that's the buzz.

BRANDON BOND 02-02-2006 02:53 AM

I would love to hear a comparison of the two - seriously - Im interested to know the diffenece in the way the color is blended and packed in... f@#kin-a man

let me know asap!

witsend 02-19-2006 03:47 PM

i realize this was posted a long time ago, however I use both pulse and paco rollins on a daily basis. I normally dont do small tattoos and I traditionally stick to bold line work so I normally run either five or sevens the paco works great, however it constantly needs to be tuned, and I suggest changing the springs.
The paco rollin shader is great at packing solid color however it hits to hard for smooth black and grey. I recently bought the Gatsby shader from pulse and had trouble with it at first, I noticed the distance between the back coil and the armature bar was to far, so I put a shim under the back coil and now it runs great, I love the way it pack color however dont perfer to grey shade with it.
I am currently on the look for a smooth hitting shader, I am using time machine they seems to work well. I am also considering workhorse Irons, if anybody has used these machines I would apprieciate some input on there shaders.

Rockstar Tattoo 02-19-2006 08:12 PM

The only shader needed, is the Solution. The Pandora is also a great smooth shader though. No need to look any further than Pulse for all your answers.

mrdeadlifter 02-19-2006 08:55 PM

i initially found the pulse needed a hell of a voltage to get it running, huge air gap and all. i closed it off ever so slightly and find that it runs better and better as it 'runs in'

i think the construction and balance and smoothness of the coils are pretty much perfect for laying in blends. the engineering is very exact and common sense.

liking it more and more.

conorblue 03-15-2006 10:29 AM

paco makes a killer machine

paco rollins makes a solid machine at an affordable price. i picked up a brass shader and its got a nice weight to it and it changed my tattooing entirely. i had him set it up with a longer stroke than what i am used to, and its like you'd never know the difference in using another machine, until you tried this one. i haven't however, used any pulse machines, but i can say that after using a micky sharpz shader for a year, and going to a paco rollins, it was a welcomed change of a sweet machine from a killer dude.

conorblue 03-28-2009 02:43 PM

Re: paco makes a killer machine

Quote:

Originally Posted by conorblue (Post 1268)
paco rollins makes a solid machine at an affordable price. i picked up a brass shader and its got a nice weight to it and it changed my tattooing entirely. i had him set it up with a longer stroke than what i am used to, and its like you'd never know the difference in using another machine, until you tried this one. i haven't however, used any pulse machines, but i can say that after using a micky sharpz shader for a year, and going to a paco rollins, it was a welcomed change of a sweet machine from a killer dude.

i still use his machines everyday..and this post was from me in 06.

no joke, ive been through tons of machines (pulse included) since then...and i still use the pacos (and joey d's)

paco rules. pacorollinsmachines.com

kollin 04-01-2009 06:33 PM

Re: Paco ROllins Machines....

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND (Post 876)
I would love to hear a comparison of the two - seriously - Im interested to know the diffenece in the way the color is blended and packed in... f@#kin-a man

let me know asap!

I use paco rollins on the daily and sobas from workhorse, I've used pulse in the past and loved them too. Honestly I like the rollins machines, they're super long throw the speed isn't as fast as a pulse machine but my blends come out alright. I picked up a shader from Josh Ford and Adam Cifferi, this thing is clean as hell, there's too many machine builders out these days and it's hard to find quality and not quantity. Paco rollins and pulse I think would be a good combo to have for your daily work horses

conorblue 09-10-2009 05:15 PM

http://pacorollinsmachines.com/Machines.aspx

search and destroy! the semi mags are still my daily runners.

Deran 09-11-2009 10:19 AM

I have a semi mag and I can't push s&!t with that thing. Works ok for B&G but that's about it.

DuneDicapo 10-21-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND (Post 261)
I hear great things about his machines - Ive always wanted to try one but I am so addicted to my machines... I cant even use the pandora cause its not my "solution"

I have had three Paco Rollins machines....Everyone loved my liners...so i sold em
I kept the brass shader it was my favorite..going on three years and only changed the back front spring once
http://pacorollinsmachines.com/machi.../Brass_Big.png

Destructshawn 10-21-2009 06:41 PM

I was just on the phone with him today.. he is a cool guy and makes a solid machine..

Destructshawn 10-21-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deran (Post 47513)
I have a semi mag and I can't push s&!t with that thing. Works ok for B&G but that's about it.

then either swing out the a-bar spring set up and give it a nice tweak up to make it hit alittle harder orrr call paco and he will walk you through tweaking it to what you want it to do.

conorblue 10-26-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deran (Post 47513)

id give him a call. he has a pretty understandable formula for tuning them up. i use them on the daily, and they are sweet machines. the semi mag shader hits a little softer than the brass or iron, i noticed, but not by enough that i would say its a b&g machine. the springs he uses on his machines are pretty stiff.

jerseyjaywymbs 10-28-2009 01:39 PM

i was just looking at the rollins machines yesterday and considering getting one. i got this heavy ass cast iron hand made for my birthday and the springs are a bit mushy, so that will end up being a b&g shader. but on the regular i've got this old coastal swing gate i built that's my color packer. problem is, the tube vice is iffy with certain disposable tube brands. if they are a centimeter too small i'm screwed. granted, i love using the unimax green 1inch's, and the fit real nice, but they cost a little more. god damn disposables have made me lazy. i hate scrubbing tubes.

Frostbitetattoo 10-28-2009 02:10 PM

Yeah i saw them on kingpin and i might get one next time i place an order.

And yeah i hate scrubbing tubes as well, i really should get the apprentice to scrub tubes instead of me doing it all the time.

conorblue 10-28-2009 02:34 PM

ordering from him www.pacorollinsmachines.com might save you a buck. call him and tell him how you want it to run. id suggest for a color packer; one of the full frame ones, and i like the brass as it seems to dampen some of the vibration. I have owned a handful of other machines, and i still use the pacos pretty frequently.

Sergio N. 12-01-2009 01:11 AM

I ordered a Paco Rollins brass, and liner when i was doing my apprenticeship and they were straight up workers. Only thing i changed on them was the springs. I threw some eikons on. I recently just got rid of the liner, I just thought it was a bit too heavy for me so now Im thinking of either going for the paco steel liner, or magnetic depending on whats lighter. Im also contemplating on kingpins morphous liner. Ive been tattooing for a year now, and I gotta say I wasn't disappointing using the paco rollins...These are def killer machines for an even more killer price!

Joe 12-08-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs (Post 48828)
i was just looking at the rollins machines yesterday and considering getting one. i got this heavy ass cast iron hand made for my birthday and the springs are a bit mushy, so that will end up being a b&g shader. but on the regular i've got this old coastal swing gate i built that's my color packer. problem is, the tube vice is iffy with certain disposable tube brands. if they are a centimeter too small i'm screwed. granted, i love using the unimax green 1inch's, and the fit real nice, but they cost a little more. god damn disposables have made me lazy. i hate scrubbing tubes.

You could always use a thin layer of super glue inside the tube vice if grips are slipping. It being a swing gate, it wouldn't affect the larger diameter tubes either.

-42- 12-09-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio N. (Post 50152)
I ordered a Paco Rollins brass, and liner when i was doing my apprenticeship and they were straight up workers. Only thing i changed on them was the springs. I threw some eikons on. I recently just got rid of the liner, I just thought it was a bit too heavy for me so now Im thinking of either going for the paco steel liner, or magnetic depending on whats lighter. Im also contemplating on kingpins morphous liner. Ive been tattooing for a year now, and I gotta say I wasn't disappointing using the paco rollins...These are def killer machines for an even more killer price!

why respring it??? that guy builds dope machines, those tunes are great as well.

Sergio N. 12-11-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -42- (Post 50719)
why respring it??? that guy builds dope machines, those tunes are great as well.

Because eventually they ended up snapping in half on me, It' happened to a couple guys I know too...Nothing against Paco, the machines are great, unfortunately this is an issue that has come up a couple times within my artist camp. Nothing big, and I would recommend these machines to both starters and veterans, they are work horses and you better hurry before he starts realizing hes practically giving them away lol.

brito 01-05-2010 12:16 AM

love love love my pulse machines! but man those paco rollins are cheap...i can get two for the price of one pulse...is this a case of you get what you pay for?

conorblue 01-05-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brito (Post 52473)
love love love my pulse machines! but man those paco rollins are cheap...i can get two for the price of one pulse...is this a case of you get what you pay for?

they are well made, and fully functional. i own two pairs. you are getting a good machine at a fair price.

xMrStayGoldx 02-08-2010 07:23 AM

My mentor introduced them to me. He has used multiple brands and styles and swears by his Paco machines... I had never heard the name until recently.. and was extremely surprised at how well it performs. He used the liner on one of my pieces and it pushed a 7 with nice, crisp lines...felt good going in and healed out nicely...machine is a champ
It definitely can keep up with/ outperform more expensive machines IMO

jerseyjaywymbs 02-08-2010 01:02 PM

since getting mine, i've been using it everyday.

Los 02-08-2010 01:46 PM

I picked up my rollins the other day.

Honestly, its a great machine that probably is identical to others(same materials etc) one can buy BUT!!!!

The price is so f@#king perfect. And...Paco is a regular artist...so our money avoids the vaccum of big businesses.

I think this is the way to do things 200 dollar machines...built by artists. keep ourselves in business fellaz.

WillGonzalez 02-09-2010 10:47 AM

I spent $180 (i think they goin for $150 now) on a semi-mag liner from Paco, and rocked it for a solid year or longer without any real tuning issues. Id still be using it today if my boss didnt get me a pulse machine for xmas. Paco is dope.

xMrStayGoldx 02-09-2010 06:16 PM

Which one do you honestly like better^^
Pulse or Paco?
Just a preference question

WillGonzalez 02-09-2010 06:51 PM

man pulse..or paco..

thats tough cause i used the paco machine for much much longer than ive had the pulse for. ive heard the pulse machines are extremely durable and that i wont expect tuning (which i despise doing) for a while. if i was on a budget id grab a paco without regrets. but i feel like ive heard so many good things about pulse as well.

i know this doesnt seem to help much. sorry dude.

on a sidenote, if i could find a rotary liner that lines just like a paco or pulse id never touch a coil machine again! ;)

monkey-spoon 02-19-2010 10:19 AM

just sent in an email for my order, im getting a brass liner....how long is the wait usually? I cant wait to get it!! I've been running Frankenstien Internationals since the begining of my career for 3 years now and Im stoked to use a good quality machine, next one I'll be getting is a shader, which model is best for color packing?

JakeyHolez 02-21-2010 10:37 AM

i own a set of paco's brass J frame machines. pretty solid....i changed the springs out that came with it for some luckys parts....for the price they perform pretty well.....i also own some machines built buy a guy in portland maine named chris spearin. S and S custom irons is what he sells them under. extremely solid and they are in the same price range as pacos. check em out

kudosoner 02-25-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by witsend (Post 1100)
I am also considering workhorse Irons, if anybody has used these machines I would apprieciate some input on there shaders.

I copped a Cory Rogers Shader about two months ago. I got it directly from him but i know he sells some on workhorse. Ive never ran a better shader. The thing knocks color right in that s&!t. Four stars for color blending. Plus it looks reallt fancy. Get one, f@#k it get two.