All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   help me! (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4517)

smoneandmirrors 08-06-2009 07:03 PM

help me!

I have never been to the all or nothing tattoo studio, but I just wanted to ask some people who know alot about tattoos a question...

Last summer I got 2 doves holding banners, one says faith, one says hope, and they are on my chest mirror imaging each other, in the spots where most people get sparrows.

The artwork is good, I like it alot but there is ONE HUGE PROBLEM!!

one of the tattoos is closer to the middle of my chest than the other, most people say its not a big deal but it drives me insane! when i wear V neck shirts, the one on my right side always shows and the other one doesnt. It makes me so self concsious and I honestly didn't notice how off center it was when they put the stencil on.

I have been thinking about filling in the empty space between the 2 doves in hopes to make it less noticable but I am not sure if this is a good idea or not. I can post a picture for you to get a better idea.
any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated!http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...0cff731d37.jpg

snatch 08-06-2009 07:13 PM

Re: help me!

i say come in to the shop with a few ideas of what you may want to fill in the gap and sit and chat with an artist and they will have the best answer to fix the problem. but definatley have a few ideas of what you may want to put there and im more than confident that all the artists at ALL OR NOTHING will be able to come up the most perfect fix and it'll be dooooooooppppeeeeee....(as we say arround here)

snatch 08-06-2009 07:15 PM

p.s. i stand crooked from a car accident and when Dave Tedder was doing my chest he was going crazy trying to get the stencel as strait as possible..... he did it! talk about perfection!!!!!!! thats what you get when you come to ALL OR NOTHING....PERFECTION PERFECTED.

come on down!!!!!

smoneandmirrors 08-06-2009 07:29 PM

i don't even know where you guys are located!! I live in Texas

Bufferkiller 08-06-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoneandmirrors (Post 45880)
i don't even know where you guys are located!! I live in Texas

Smyrna, GA. You won't regret the extra money spent to fly/drive out here and get fixed up by the best of the best.

smoneandmirrors 08-06-2009 07:42 PM

if only. I am flat broke right now! just started a new job and hope to start making some money. I'm a hairstylist and I'm poor. haha. I would love to go to the shop, they do beautiful work, I checked out the pictures.

terryhaddon 08-07-2009 08:05 AM

just wait 5 months and V-necks will be out of style!!!

sean locke tattoo 08-07-2009 02:16 PM

Hahaha....out of style...poor girl...the one on the right is a tad lower too....it can be helped...

smoneandmirrors 08-10-2009 02:34 PM

yes one is lower, further to the center.

ugh. i swear it drives me nuts. do you think adding more design in the middle or around them, like doing a whole chest piece would make it better? is it really as bad as i think it is or am i just making it to be even worse than it is? :(

Bufferkiller 08-10-2009 04:51 PM

I don't think it is that bad. By looking at this picture, the one that looks lower and closer to the center (your right) looks like that can't really be helped. Your right shoulder seems a tad lower than your left, and now quite as broad/long as the left.

If they are the same size, then you can see that they are both lined up in the same place with your armpit. If the one on your right side was further to the right, it'd look a bit off, in my opinion. Also, it would have been a lot harder to hide with more work. At least I think it would. I'm not an artist.

The only real error that I see, is that they put them in place assuming you were symmetrical, when no one is perfectly symmetrical. So you really got to ask yourself, would you rather they be slightly off like this, or different sizes/distances from the edge of your arms? Obviously you'll want to get some extras added in to make it all look more even, but all in all, I think they went with the right choice of placement.