All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What do you use to clean your machines (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707)

chrizzle 11-13-2006 10:56 AM

What do you use to clean your machines

This question is related to the "bagging clipcords" post i entered a few days ago. Brandon said it was important to clean your machines after each use. Iwas just wondering what you guys used to clean your machines? Whather its a surface disinfectant, alcohol, etc.?

BRANDON BOND 11-14-2006 10:35 AM

madacide

you should apprentice yo! then you would already know all that in fact it is our apprentices that clean up our s&!t!

chrizzle 11-14-2006 08:41 PM

I did apprentice if you want to call it that. Acouple of grand to hang out in the tattoo shop, and not learn much. It was a real quiet place and the guy who I payed was not interested in any of the new stuff out there. He didnt even use magnums. On top of all else he wouldnt sterilize tubes long enough and had major cross contamination issues that he didnt know about or just didnt care.

SlickSquid 11-15-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrizzle
I did apprentice if you want to call it that. Acouple of grand to hang out in the tattoo shop, and not learn much. It was a real quiet place and the guy who I payed was not interested in any of the new stuff out there. He didnt even use magnums. On top of all else he wouldnt sterilize tubes long enough and had major cross contamination issues that he didnt know about or just didnt care.

WOW :shock:
Im doing the same thing out here but my mentor only uses "disposable" tubes,and throws away his needles...
He does have a steam autoclave though

But since we are on a military base and we are cool with the Corpsman we got a REALLY good chance to be able to get one there cool ass autoclaves they use to sterilize are there stuff!! :grin:

Rockstar Tattoo 11-15-2006 10:50 AM

It doesn't matter whether it's a "cool a@@" autoclave or not. As long as you achieve the overall goal, which is sterility, who gives a sh#$t hoe appealing it is.

BRANDON BOND 11-15-2006 02:31 PM

well its good to see you on here trying to expand your knowledge!

awesome

SlickSquid 11-18-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar Tattoo
It doesn't matter whether it's a "cool a@@" autoclave or not. As long as you achieve the overall goal, which is sterility, who gives a sh#$t hoe appealing it is.

True but I kinda like technology and s&!t so I get a lil more souped about it than others folks

RedWolfTattoos 06-16-2007 04:12 PM

Re: What do you use to clean your machines

I hear ya on a apprenticeship where u dont learn much I had one of those but at least there was one guy there that knew stuff and I learned from him and not the guy that was suppose to be a teacher.lol So I'm still learning alot of new stuff even tho I have been doing this for 17 years now. Damn years fly by when ur having fun. What I always thought was the worst at the place I ahd a apprenticeship at as that we would break off the needles but then we would reuse the needle bars by putting new needles on them. Needless to say now that Im away from that studio I dont do that no more.

BRANDON BOND 06-19-2007 11:35 AM

what do you clean your machines with? - my apprentices! hahahaaaa

SterileSteve 06-24-2007 03:54 AM

I guess I need to get me one of those (apprentices)...lol

I've been tattooing 23 years and I still learn new things everyday. You can teach an old dog new tricks...if he ain't dead!