All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ART CONTEST THREAD (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5577)

TattooPadawan 06-03-2010 09:31 PM

Re: ART CONTEST THREAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solomon (Post 60521)
who else could be at fault? funny thing is, ill try and find it, about 20 -30 years ago this exact same thing happend. It was out in 200 feet of water, and they tried the exact same things there tryin now the top hat blah blah blah everyhting, someone did a mash up of it on youtube I think, Ill try and find the link. When I saw the video I couldnt believe it!. I mean its str8 up deja vu. So they knew exactly what to expect in a disaster like this, and they didnt have s&!t ready, they are at fault, they dont care f@#kem. Bp should be f@#kin boycotted till feel it. Everyone should not buy gas or anything from them untill they are almost out of business. then keep em there for the next 10 years barely makin s&!t. Then maybe they will care just a lil bit.

The rig that caused this spill was contracted by B.P. to a company named SOCAR.
Look them up dude. This s&!t is funking bad !!!

Frek 06-03-2010 09:52 PM

If this oil keeps going at this rate, the world will be over by 2012 maybe sooner!!! Scary....

Bufferkiller 06-03-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solomon (Post 60521)
who else could be at fault? funny thing is, ill try and find it, about 20 -30 years ago this exact same thing happend. It was out in 200 feet of water, and they tried the exact same things there tryin now the top hat blah blah blah everyhting, someone did a mash up of it on youtube I think, Ill try and find the link. When I saw the video I couldnt believe it!. I mean its str8 up deja vu. So they knew exactly what to expect in a disaster like this, and they didnt have s&!t ready, they are at fault, they dont care f@#kem. Bp should be f@#kin boycotted till feel it. Everyone should not buy gas or anything from them untill they are almost out of business. then keep em there for the next 10 years barely makin s&!t. Then maybe they will care just a lil bit.

They don't care? A company that big is not going to just not care that something like this is happening. Regardless of what the ecological damages are, the financial damage that it does to them is reason enough to care.

conorblue 06-04-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufferkiller (Post 60526)
They don't care? A company that big is not going to just not care that something like this is happening. Regardless of what the ecological damages are, the financial damage that it does to them is reason enough to care.

thats why most of the early "clean up" attempts involved them siphoning the oil to a tanker and separating the oil from the water, to keep it usable so they can continue to make money. the only thing they care about are the financial damages.

DrayBono 06-04-2010 12:26 PM

this is something i heard early in the disaster but its believed one of the main causes for the failure was BP exceeding their drill mandate and the well was several thousand feet deeper than what it was supposed to. Haliburton, either knowingly or unknowingly only poured enough cap for the legally mandated depth and it couldnt handle the stress of the deeper well

UntetheredSoul 06-04-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooPadawan (Post 60522)
The rig that caused this spill was contracted by B.P. to a company named SOCAR.
Look them up dude. This s&!t is funking bad !!!

http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/...lefacepalm.jpg

Thats all I got to say about that.

Frek 06-04-2010 03:30 PM

Its the end of the world as we know it!!!!

UntetheredSoul 06-04-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frek (Post 60578)
Its the end of the world as we know it!!!!

hahahaha

Frek 06-04-2010 03:57 PM

oh and for the record BP is BALLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Joe 06-04-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrayBono (Post 60563)
this is something i heard early in the disaster but its believed one of the main causes for the failure was BP exceeding their drill mandate and the well was several thousand feet deeper than what it was supposed to. Haliburton, either knowingly or unknowingly only poured enough cap for the legally mandated depth and it couldnt handle the stress of the deeper well

Environmentalist pressure pushed the oil rigs further off coast because they considered it an eye sore. If this disaster happened in more shallow water it would be much easier to fix the leak because of less water pressure potentially collapsing hydraulic hoses, the cabin, and other robotic devices would be more effectively controlled.

The cause of the accident happened because the emergency shutoff valve system has a battery backup to make sure it is capped in a fire situation that knocks out other electric power sources to the capping device. The battery had not been replaced and passed inspection by the federal governments inspection team.

Frek 06-04-2010 07:09 PM

Good ol Gov'ment.......... Now whose gonna get on their case???????

conorblue 06-04-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 60583)
Environmentalist pressure pushed the oil rigs further off coast because they considered it an eye sore. If this disaster happened in more shallow water it would be much easier to fix the leak because of less water pressure potentially collapsing hydraulic hoses, the cabin, and other robotic devices would be more effectively controlled.

yes and no, the reason the exxon valdez spill was so devastating was because how close to land it was, so i think its all a catch 22 really. a more appropriate answer to the problem, than placement of an oil rig, would be less dependency on a non renewable resource.

Solomon 06-04-2010 09:23 PM

I cant believe that people are stickin up for oil companies right now. The level of human atrocity that has been layed upon this earth over oil is absolutely insane. All big oil has blood on their hands. And now they got about 1 gazillion billion gallons of their own oil all over em too

jerseyjaywymbs 06-04-2010 09:24 PM

i went through 10 pages of this banter and only got to see 3 dinos, wtf?

Bufferkiller 06-05-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conorblue (Post 60557)
thats why most of the early "clean up" attempts involved them siphoning the oil to a tanker and separating the oil from the water, to keep it usable so they can continue to make money. the only thing they care about are the financial damages.

Which is enough to have them putting a stop to it as fast as they can. Like Brandon said about Vick, it doesn't matter why he is going against dog fighting now, just that he's doing it.

Doesn't matter why they care, just that they do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 60583)

The cause of the accident happened because the emergency shutoff valve system has a battery backup to make sure it is capped in a fire situation that knocks out other electric power sources to the capping device. The battery had not been replaced and passed inspection by the federal governments inspection team.

I'm surprised the Obama haters aren't jumping all over this point. He's the face of the government, just like BP is now the face of the oil spill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by conorblue (Post 60590)
yes and no, the reason the exxon valdez spill was so devastating was because how close to land it was, so i think its all a catch 22 really. a more appropriate answer to the problem, than placement of an oil rig, would be less dependency on a non renewable resource.

Agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solomon (Post 60594)
I cant believe that people are stickin up for oil companies right now. The level of human atrocity that has been layed upon this earth over oil is absolutely insane. All big oil has blood on their hands. And now they got about 1 gazillion billion gallons of their own oil all over em too

Let's say you killed a few kids, but then went to to court because some b1tc4 was wrongfully accusing you of rape. I would not call you guilty of rape, simply because you did not get in trouble for killing those kids.

There is no reason anyone should take the fall for something they did not do, simply because they cannot be taken down by something they did do. This is not to say that they are innocent in what is happening, just that they are not the ones the fingers should be pointing at. Or at least not the only ones. They are just a face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs (Post 60595)
i went through 10 pages of this banter and only got to see 3 dinos, wtf?

I'm off on Sunday, and I think my brother and I are going to get blasted and draw some. Should be interesting, seeing as how neither of us are artists.

spuncyco 06-05-2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conorblue (Post 60557)

True its still about saving the oil to them, I know a multimillionaire who developed (or paid someone to) a bacteria or fungus or some s&!t that feeds on petroleum based s&!t and then dies. It was supposed to eat all kinds of oil or whatever and leave a safe enviro friendly crap basically. That would destroy all their oil though. Too bad we can't make an engine that would run on human souls, I would pay a little extra for that motherf@#ker.

jerseyjaywymbs 06-08-2010 09:20 AM

i have rocket powered roller skates

Joe 06-08-2010 10:47 AM

I've seen a few dozen systems that entrepreneurs have developed to contain or soak up the spill. BP or the government isn't listening to these people.
It pisses me off that 1 1/2 months later they are still trying to devise a system to siphon or save as much of the oil as they can instead of preserving the environment. What a price to pay, 2 days ago people started seeing oil clumps showing up on the shores of 3 counties of Florida.
Straw like the bales of hay absorbs 80% of it's weight with oil and it's relatively cheap and completely non threatening to the aquatic life and can be scooped from the surface because it floats (naturally), but this isn't being used.
This isn't even close to being over, the worse news is still to come, we are being sheltered from the truth about this.