All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   what changed from watching THE WHOLE ENCHILADA (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1552)

BRANDON BOND 09-05-2007 12:34 PM

Re: what changed from watching THE WHOLE ENCHILADA

throw em in here ! I appreciate your endorsement on this project, I heard that theres thunderous internet chat about it in a negative way, but am not interested to read any of it, were busy.

But for you to take time and endorse it in such a way is dope. Topshelfs work is growin as well and RAPIDLY.

I feel like the two of you came into this film at entirely different skill levels, and technical application knowledge, and have both grown from different points at the same speed. Its incredible to see this explosion in your art and in your motivation to create MORE art! So you guys started dat a different place and have both moved to seperate places but in the same time - i dunno its hard to explain - its AWESOME!

To take pride in what your doing and to try and raise the bar for yourself with every single tattoo is priceless, and really thats the point isnt it?

To try and guide the client into the absolute best possible tattoo you can do with the placement and art requests, while still maintaining a recognizable style, so that when the viewer sees it he/she immediatly knows the artist who did it.

I have seen the growth that MY artists here in our crew display regularly BRANCH OUT into other tattooers lives. That rapid Acceleration of style and use of imagery and illustration combining with hints of realism.

Its amazing to watch whats happening and you guys are both two perfect examples of that.

A lot of artists come to us, most of them grow extremely fast. This is not because of me, but moreso because of the enviornment we have created. Motivated focus, artwork, promotion, pride in what you do, experimentation, exposure, equiptment selection n- hell all of it - it goes through this amazing transitin in an artists life - Take SEAN HERMAN for example. Joshua Carlton, Nate Beavers, Dave Tedder, Chris Vennekamp, Tim Orth, Bryan Reynolds, Jeff Paetzold, Quecke, Josh Woods etc etc - cmon? these guys blew up artistically and it was an amazing site to behold and forever changes my artwork every time.

and now to see that same focus and motivation and self preservation and artistic growth POUR into OTHER TATTOO SHOPS IS AMZING!

wow?

hamlet 09-05-2007 12:42 PM

this is one i started the other day im dig'n the flow just not sure about the hair i always do it mucha style and not so flowing so any input on this would be great

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCF0212.jpg

Topshelftattoo 09-05-2007 06:08 PM

dam thats great! your drive pushes me as well wait till you get back from asia

Nicole 09-05-2007 06:27 PM

You know Brandon. I have to totally agree with you. I have been sitting here watching first hand how much Josh[topshelf] has grown as an artist. Even from before the Whole Enchilada. Just from the inspiration from you and everyone else on the board..
Then he watched the Whole Enchilada, and it was like an instant change. Its crazy.

I am so happy to see him grow and I cant wait to see where he is in another 6 months, then another year. You know what i mean?

The only thing that just sucks, is that he doesnt really get to do anything good tattoo wise around here. Everyone wants "gangsta dolla dolla billz" tattoos. HAHAHHAHA... but at least he has me to do some fun stuff on. B*wahahah....

yeah you know, and Brandon, Kapil was totally right about you on See you in Hell..... Having you as a friend definately makes everyone around you a better friend. Your an inspiration and I appreciate it for myself, and for Josh....

And you know, we are hopefully going to be living down in Georgia ASAP, so there will be lots more growth. And not to mention that I need to get my ass to the shop. HAHAHA....

Im not a tattoo artist, and Ive watched the Whole Enchilada a lot with Josh, and you aren't kidding, if you dont know tattooing, this dvd is useless to you. HAHAHAH. i mean i definately know a lot of the basics, and i knew of some of the stuff you were talking about, but for the most part, it was no use to me. HAHA.....

Nicole 09-05-2007 06:28 PM

And Hamlet, your stuff is definately dope. I posted a bulliten for you today.. and im sending it to the GOMs to help get your stuff circulating.

:) woopty woot

BRANDON BOND 09-05-2007 06:28 PM

that looks great! - Im stoked to see it finished! amazing - I would higlight the hair with a liner dipped in colors.

Nicole 09-05-2007 06:29 PM

Yeah i cant wait to see it finished!! keep us posted

BRANDON BOND 09-05-2007 06:29 PM

and thank you for the kind words - we motivate eachother.

hamlet 09-05-2007 07:02 PM

hey thanks everyone i needed that today seems like the better i get and the more i learn the more F.N. haters come out of the wood work ......

so f@#k um

Brandon thanks for all your help it all started with a little book called whore then a little guest spot at your shop; where no doubt i was the s&!ttiest tattooist there ; since that book and that guest spot and the video i have pushed myself the hardest in my life cant say i don't still get lazy but they are brief moments these days there is an old saying when the student is ready the teacher will come so thank you for that even if you don't know it

rock star thanks for your help I'm still learning this techno
stuff so you should know that with all the help you give i will do my best to give back triple fold thank you

Josh you know man I've been tattooing three years now as of august 6th and i still have s&!t load to learn i found the best way for you to do the things you want the things that make you drool is to give that s&!t away for free don't expect s&!t in return and before you know it you have people emailing you and knocking on your door 100 times a day your stuff looks great but i do agree with most of the things said on the board i know learning to crawl before you walk sucks but hey man i did crappy flash and traditional tattoos for two years so don't sweat it man just push it night and day. the only time i sleep is when i pass the f@#k out

thanks all of ya, much love and respect
:hAMLET
www.myspace.com/russellcitytattoo

Topshelftattoo 09-05-2007 08:13 PM

ooh i know i've given so much sh!t away that i'm trying to sell the kids to pay bills!!!!!!hahahaha rockstar knows when i "have that look" so she's down for it.
for 11 yrs i've busted ass, as some shops where i was the worst one, some where i was the best. burned out then rekindled , and so on but i see guys like you and sean who have been in it for a few years and wished i had that push from a mentor but in the past 6 mos. i finally am getting it!