All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   stable inks weeping (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5998)

pipster 10-04-2010 05:25 PM

stable inks weeping

for lack of a better word,I have some stable ink for a yr. or so.. havent used them alot..when I was cleaning the shelf they were on I noticed they were secreting a clear odorless liquid..small amounts..possibly glycerin..has anyone had this happen to them..?Thanks pipster.

Hightower 10-04-2010 06:53 PM

Re: stable inks weeping

WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT!

waverly 10-04-2010 09:08 PM

Don't throw it out, Pipster.. It's just glycerin. Email me at waverlycolorcolor@verizon.net and I'll tell you why.

pipster 10-05-2010 07:06 AM

Hi I sent you an email this am..pipster 10/5/2010

Jayrahn 10-05-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipster (Post 64680)
for lack of a better word,I have some stable ink for a yr. or so.. havent used them alot..when I was cleaning the shelf they were on I noticed they were secreting a clear odorless liquid..small amounts..possibly glycerin..has anyone had this happen to them..?Thanks pipster.

Yep. Happened to me and im sure plenty others. None of my other choice inks do this. I figured, after cleaning up a mess in my tool chest, i can do w/o that from happening again *grumble*. Inks were 4 months old.

Furthermore speaking of Inks: I just got a 4oz'er of Starbrite Outlining ink and it was literally like Pudding! Ive never known Starbrites to come like that?!. Held bottle upside down and nadda. Had to squeeze it to get results.
ANYONE ELSE? And please dont suggest i cut it back. I think id rather send it back to TTS.

travelingtom 10-05-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayrahn (Post 64715)
Yep. Happened to me and im sure plenty others. None of my other choice inks do this. I figured, after cleaning up a mess in my tool chest, i can do w/o that from happening again *grumble*. Inks were 4 months old.

Furthermore speaking of Inks: I just got a 4oz'er of Starbrite Outlining ink and it was literally like Pudding! Ive never known Starbrites to come like that?!. Held bottle upside down and nadda. Had to squeeze it to get results.
ANYONE ELSE? And please dont suggest i cut it back. I think id rather send it back to TTS.

quit buying s&!t from technical, they have been known to f@#k with their products. on a side note, i am really getting blown out of the water by electric ink, this s&!t is the bomb, it's so thin, and it goes in like f@#king butter!!!!

Jayrahn 10-05-2010 04:41 PM

i didnt know they tamper. i suppose they mix it up there at TTS? Well i called them a few mins ago to complain and made it clear that this was the 3rd time TTS has dropped the ball. Im getting a refund and sending more than half my tube tails ends back. They r either to loose or so tight in my machines i cant even use them. Pretty upset bout it. This will be my last dealing with TTS tomorrow.
I am webbing Electrics in a few mins. Thanks Tom!

travelingtom 10-07-2010 07:04 AM

no prob dude, its worth every penny, i quit buying s&!t from technical because their tips were machined wrong, and they sent me open ink. i called them and they told me basically to deal with it so i told them to go get f@#ked! never made another order

Joe 10-08-2010 12:39 PM

I used to buy from TTS years ago and had to drop them because I didn't agree with them ripping off other builders frame styles. The quality of my work progressed almost immediately and I never looked back. The only thing I would ever buy from them is their magnum needle jig. I still prefer to weave them with a razor blade.