All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   questions about duty, FT, cps and hz readings on power supply (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6456)

lozer81 03-12-2011 11:26 PM

questions about duty, FT, cps and hz readings on power supply

edited, tattooworld explained it very well in a different thread.

travelingtom 03-13-2011 03:16 PM

Re: questions about duty, FT, cps and hz readings on power supply

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozer81 (Post 68548)
can anyone please explain these things? whats the difference in speed measures of cycles per second and Hz? what are the actual correct settings? Does it even f*ckin matter?

hz and cps is the same f@#king thing, and before anybody starts saying what they run their machines at, just remember that everybody tattoos differently, and thus, their machines will run different and have different numbers. the numbers are there to help replicate your machines for tuning purposes, so you can tune your machine to run the same every time,there is NO ultimate number or super number that will make you tattoo like brandon. and really, there are a ton of threads on this same topic, just search it.

lozer81 03-13-2011 09:26 PM

i did search and i didnt find one thread about this, im not looking for a magic number, i've been doing this for 10 years i got my own preferences anyway, i totally understand not everyone tattoos the same, i know guys who've tattooed for 30 years who cant tattoo like brandon.

all i was askin was whats the deal with them.

although i have 8 eikon machinemen magazines and a couple of them have numbers for liners,shaders,color packers,etc. for both cps and hz.

godsdog 03-14-2011 12:24 AM

Cps and hertz are basically the same thing.....the speed of the machine. Higher the number the faster the rig. The only one i actually focus on is ft and even then its not the end all be all. As long as you have your machines set the way u like them then its all relative.....

Tattooworld 03-24-2011 11:41 PM

Well actually i can kinda get a idea how a machine runs by getting the stroke length , spring gage/length , cps , cap and duty cycle. Everyone dont tune or run there machines the same BUT There are not that many ways to run a machine at the same time. One must understand the machine and the science of the machine. Understanding the MEANING of numbers can only help you tune better. Yes you can run any numbers but some work worse then others on set ups. I believe 45-50 duty cycle works best for all set ups. Some do run them in the low 30's but that dont work for ME and the machine is simple running at its best with a 45/50 cycle.

I'm sick of forums where people complain because people talk about machines and want to learn or they ask a question they dont like or answer a old post. This a a tattoo forum and nobody runs it. It is here to get help and ask questions. If you dont like a topic go to the next one. No boby is forcing you to read anything, its not that hard to move the arrow down. If you understand machines by speed and duty cycle stroke ex. you can get a idea how ones machine runs by them telling you this info in detail. If you think not you dont know your machine like you should. 45-50 duty cycle is the ultimate numbers to run at cause its running at its best. And SKILL will make you tattoo like bond but i bet he gets his machines from a builder who does care about the machine, numbers and all that important stuff and that helps him do his job. BUT i dont think he said tell me about the "numbers" so i can tattoo like bond. Just cause someone asks about machines dont mean anything but they want to run there machine better. There work can be amazing or not that has nothing to do with what they asked. I am not aiming at anyone specific but everyone, i am just sick of seeing people getting mad cause people ask questions. Who gives a sh** if the topic was brought up before , maybe they didnt see it. Point is it is a tattoo forum. If you dont like what people ask skip it , if you cant answer it cause you dont know skip it. Don't just leave a pist off mesage telling people what to do or not to do. You may believe what you do but that is you. Numbers have a great deal of meaning and any builder will tell you this. Last time, you dont like something people ask skip it without leaving insults or telling people it dont matter because it dont to YOU. I just dont get why people complain when they can just skip it. People can ask any damn thing they want or need help with. Dont like it then skip it !

lozer81 03-25-2011 08:05 AM

agreed 100% tattoo world, and whats even funnier is it always seems like if i ask a question in any tattoo forum, theres always that one guy who isn't even as good as i am leaving some butthole comment that not only doesnt answer the question but juust makes them out to be a douche,and they didnt know the answer to begin with.

some people become an apprentice or get a job as a sh*tty tattoo artist and all of a sudden they feel like a pro and any serious person that ask any question they are the first one to respond with some lame ass sh*t.
so far while posting here in brandon bonds forum i have seen at least two people reply with some douche-bag smart ass comments and they both suck ! seriously people, if you are not a badass artist and havent been tattooing at least 4-5 years then please refrain from the rock-star im better than you attitude. especially when your work looks like something i wipe my ass with.

Lord Hordak 03-25-2011 10:14 AM

^^
very true...
This forum is no different..
Well other than Nicole deleting all my posts all the time
And telling ms she will take care of it... LoL

Seriously, it is a shame that there are always those who
Will just blindly post garbage all over
This is a legit question
And I am more than impressed with some of the answers

lozer81 03-25-2011 10:53 AM

lord hordak you are one of the few that actually post very helpful information, and you always have a cool attitude about everything. i've actually learned a few things with your help.

why would they delete your posts? maybe you are to informative lol

Tattooworld 03-25-2011 07:05 PM

Yes , some people come here to complain or bitc* about something people ask . That shi* pisses me off very much. I just don't get it at all, if you dont like what one askes move on, skip it. Why post just to complain. People may ask a question that was asked because there were no good answers or they didnt see the old posts. It don't matter anyway !! They can ask what ever the heck they want to CAUSE IT IS A TATTOO FORUM. Im sick of those losers who go around complaining"oh why did you ask that it was already asked on here" or " Why did you answer a old post ". Some people think they run these forums for whatever reason and they can tell people what they can and cant do. You dont like it or have any problem move past it and skip it. That crap just really pisses me off. Whatever, point is this is a forum and if someone has a question they will ask it no matter if you like it or not or if you believe in it or not, so get over it. Just trolling around to complain is beyond stupid. Ok I'm done, Ask what you want people !! Dont let anyone make you feel weird about asking ANY question and wanting to learn. I mean no disrespect.

travelingtom 03-26-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattooworld (Post 68751)
Yes , some people come here to complain or bitc* about something people ask . That shi* pisses me off very much. I just don't get it at all, if you dont like what one askes move on, skip it. Why post just to complain. People may ask a question that was asked because there were no good answers or they didnt see the old posts. It don't matter anyway !! They can ask what ever the heck they want to CAUSE IT IS A TATTOO FORUM. Im sick of those losers who go around complaining"oh why did you ask that it was already asked on here" or " Why did you answer a old post ". Some people think they run these forums for whatever reason and they can tell people what they can and cant do. You dont like it or have any problem move past it and skip it. That crap just really pisses me off. Whatever, point is this is a forum and if someone has a question they will ask it no matter if you like it or not or if you believe in it or not, so get over it. Just trolling around to complain is beyond stupid. Ok I'm done, Ask what you want people !! Dont let anyone make you feel weird about asking ANY question and wanting to learn. I mean no disrespect.

hey douche bag, i've been here for too long to be called a troll, maybe you should re-read my f@#king post. i didn't complain about anything either asshat!!!